Monday, February 28, 2005

Gone Zo



HST divorcing his head from his body sinks in. As the helium-sucking Quazeh correctly states, the departure of Peely and now Dr. Gonzo removes a good chunk of our collective cultural foundation in the same few months. Mixed feelings about the latter dying by his own rules aswell as living by them and then leaving his poor sod of a son to clear up the perforated corpse. But, I guess in that state your as introverted as one can get, eh? Ta to Mr. P. for pointing us towards various obits & Steadman ramblings anyroad. (Uncle Bob said it: "sacrifice/let there be peace")

I rarely get in a photogasmic state, but yesterday in the moody light of midtown I was totally eye-smacked looking up and long. knacked neck and shutter finger sore by the end of it. while I luurve the 'natural' world, Manhattan feeds my head.

Musically, the retching continues. once seeds plant, it's all I can do to try and prevent spillage. so, open the sonic pyloric valve and up comes chord change. I rarely make myself dance as such while recording, but Drift Stones led me that way in a whirl of sweat this afternoon. It's a piece of shite really, but man is it fun to play. I broke strings and just plodded on, atonal dirge be damned. leaping around with bleeding fingers like a nutter. Let it all out, baby. More I look at Silverstar's Scream, the more I just love it. easy to spit out a response in sound, although the lyric's well open to misinterpretation, even by me. The platter is flipped for Nature Resonates. all 3 flickr influenced.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Hi Bird,

Thanks for your comments on my HST rant. I am especially grateful for the Ralph Steadman link. I feel bad for his family, but they probably don't need my sympathy. They say they weren't surprised and they supported his choice. That's okay, I guess.

Bye,
Kathy

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home