Saturday, January 08, 2005

Human Buck-a-Roo

Came across this site a couple of days ago: turns out there are plenty of other folk out there who amuse themselves by taking photos of themselves in reflective surfaces. Like the site a lot already - an excellent idea. Have contributed, of course.

Took a couple of snaps of the Gates in the park as they stand. Total mileage included in the project is becoming aparent as you walk through; god knows what the total cost of the thing is. Turns out the project has been specially timed to open on the saffron-loving Ms. Hartley's birthday :-)

Wedder grey, drizzlie, and cold here in NYC. Had hoped to take a trip out to the extremeties of Montauk this w/e, but have canned it for the time being.

Have to share Dr. Odj's New Year Experience, as emailed this week; lad's still living as he did circa '88:
I spent whole holiday driving or drunk. By the time of the post-footy Boxing Day sesh i couldn't physically force any more booze into my body. NYEve sat in a village pub till one, got back to his place, asleep by 1:00:01am and was then used by rest of crowd as a human buck-a-roo game. various household items where stacked on top of us till i twitched and they fell off. Apparently someone managed an exercise bike! am glad it's all over. the two weeks of debauchery has left me physically and financially ruined, a shadow of the man i was before.
Class.

Had a brain-in-oily-neutral moment this week: was in a meeting in a corporate office in Midtown (fish out of water, me); far too early in the morning. Was directly asked something early on and entered into one of those sentences where you have absolutely no idea what you're going to say, are saying, what your name is, or how you dressed yourself that morning. I found myself staring down at a small cardboard square covered in drawing pins on the table infront of me wondering what on earth they could be used for in an electronically-endowed conference room while my mind drifted fuzzily out of the top of my head to watch five or six meeting participants staring at me with furrowed brows as I wheel-locked mid-syllable with absolutely no idea what I'd just said. Ughh. After what felt like about 35 minutes, I concluded my sentence, totally unable to recall what I'd uttered. Like to make a good impression, me.

Leeds doing well against Brummies then. Ughghghgh.

UKNova has a copy of "Keep in Peel" Radio 1 tribute up, last time I looked (check out the radio section). Haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but 'tis a godsend for those of us that missed it & for whom Peely was so integral to our youth & musical weening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home