Wednesday, January 05, 2005

birdw0rds is born

happy happy joy joy.

strange things are happening in Central Park.
here come the Gates.

passed by a group of brits on forklifts this morning shifting cast iron bases around into pretty patterns and attempting to chat up some manly-looking Yank bint in overalls. must snap photos on my passage through CP periodically (of the construction, not the bint) leading upto the February completion.

the Fleecie sleeps.

the Birdw0rks' Whisky Project has been born. rumblings of a return to the likes of Islay too. Quaz is tweaking the bits. (he also showed me his first run at the Birdw0rks website, which looks like it has tons of potential, should either and/or both of us ever have time & energy for development. kudos to Prof. Pooge, tho'.)

this year, I are mostly got new instruments in the Cheeky Monkey Recording Studio. hence, expect more strings. slowly the finger skin is toughening up again. taking a v. different approach to the next Birdw0rks offering; breaking things down; resisting recording anything concrete yet as I go around in musical circles, simplifying and working out overlays & such. I'm already interested in the product & it's a long way off even proper conception. good sign.

Who Are You was a departure from the Welsh Discs in that it took an eon to record, painful at times, while the ideas were cobbled together often on the fly in the early stages. it probably suffers from a lack of development. once I record the new stuff, I predict it'll be churned out, but the prep. will be the time consuming stage; already is. whether my myriad of technical weaknesses create a limp biscuit overall, only time'll tell, but the process should be fun. have to say that seeing Uncle Bob again after what, five or so years?, has renewed the influence. not in sound or content, but in passion and craft.

just caught Rivers & Tides, art doc on Andy Goldsworthy whose wooden things Teenee & I went to see on the Met roof a while back. ace stuff. must trot up to the Storm King park at some point. there's also some Opie sculptures downtown at the mo'.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the bit on the 'Gates' I'd heard it was curtians for the park... but now I get it, I think they're going up for my birthday...I love the color saffron. It makes me happy... the drawings of the project were lush and intense... woke up a happy place inside. add that to the long list of reasons to head up to NYC... I've heard we've been grounded from leaving NM during the Legislative session (economic development employees) I hope it's not true. I'm still trying to wiggle my way into making this trip. Even tho' I just threw $2,000 into a big hole in my yard... but it's great to be able to flush, shower and wander around in clean clothes again. You are my first blogging friend, and now I guess I've blogged too! Why does that sound naughty? I suppose I should register so that I won't be anonymous... but you know who it is, right?

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh visits to the muddaland.

You'll have to excuse me i'm not at my best,
i've been drunk for a week, ive been drunk since i left.
these so called vacations will soon be my death,
i'm so sick from the drink i need home for a rest.

written by a bunch of dispatriate scots residing in canada. spirit of the west.


ohohohanonymous, ive always wanted to be anonymous.
liking the sculptural tour of ny ny.

9:25 PM  
Blogger birdw0rks said...

we all want to be annonymous every now and then, mostly to ourselves....

am I in any way to gather from your comments that you have been drinking?

excellent.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home