Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Move Along Undone



First new birdw0rks track completed, although it needs mastering properly (which means me learning how to master properly...) Ears can be cast here; w0rdlers included here. Not sure my voice is up to much yet, rust-laden as it is, but there's power in them there strings. Recording generally going well & steady although I'm unsure I'll ever be able to produce anything like a coherant musical statement within and among a particular group of songs.

In hindsight, there's been lyrical influence from the dermatological subsconcious, perhaps? Have spent a couple of days being prodded & poked by various medical professionals, culminating in having a chunk of my arm gouged out in lieu of a test for the dreaded melanoma. Now have a week's nervous wait on the biopsy results. Serious risk is apparently pretty low, but still not exactly fun & games.

Took a view of Edward Burtynsky's Manufactured Landscapes exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum of Art (which I'd shamefully never stuck a neck into before) w/e gone. Some impressive industrial & social shots in there and reminded me of Arthus-Bertrand's aerial shots & the Godfrey Reggio/Philip Glass Qatsi trilogy in concept. Didn't all work and was a bit repetitive in places, but definitely worth a view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home